Friday, November 9, 2012

An Ode to my Wife


I see through my eyes,that lovely look she gives
A little glimmer of joy,a little fun, it makes me wanna live
Each day henceforth, towards making her smile
Towards holding her tightly, in my arms all the while...

That happiness in her laughter, which melts me in a flash
That infectious little mischief, inherent, yet a surprise
And I know, I've fallen for her, hard, like I was in a crash
And yet I love the feeling, with every passing sunrise...

My wife, my lovely wife, what a treasure to behold
In sickness and in health, till we both grow very old
I sit here and ruminate, on my blessings tonight,
And I wonder, what more can I do, to bring her some delight...

Yes, A poem, she had asked of me, for her, this night
A lyrical ode, to the love of my life, I must now recite,
What words do I say to her, she means so much to me
Would "I love you" suffice for my lovely lady?

No comments:

Post a Comment